We build our business on trust between our customers and us. We understand that your data is important. Please see below our privacy notice which explains how we collect, store, use and share your data.
Security is a top priority for us. Both you and we play an important role in safeguarding against fraud. This section outlines what you need to do and what we will do to help maintain security when using this site.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- Implementing appropriate physical, electronic and internal processes to safeguard and secure your personal data;
- Using 128-bit Transport Layer Security ("TLS") encryption technology, which is an industry standard for encryption over the internet to protect data, in the secure area of this site. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the internet;
- Protecting our web servers behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to try to prevent any unauthorized access;
- Using the secure email facility if we need to send personal data to you by email. We won’t send your personal data by ordinary email;
- Taking all practical steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and we comply with all laws and regulations in the Singapore Special Administrative Region concerning the retention of personal data;
We try to protect your personal data against unauthorized or accidental access or processing. We do this by:
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Not sharing or allowing anyone else to know your username or password, so don’t write them down. We’ll never verbally ask you for your password;
- Choosing a username and password that are not easily identifiable by others (such as your birthday, telephone number or email address);
- Using the secure email facility on this website for general enquiries. Keep your device on which you access the site secure;
- If you choose to activate the feature that allows you to use your biometric credentials to log onto your device, ensuring that only your biometric credentials are registered on the device to avoid unauthorized access by other people;
- Only downloading CRYPTEX apps or documents and its updates from an official Cryptex sources and not from any unofficial sources;
- Installing the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your device that you use to access this site, and keeping it updated. When installing protection, always use a reputable brand from a mainstream supplier;
- Ensuring the operating system running on your device and the security update is up to date, not disclosing your online banking credentials to any third parties (including third party mobile aggregator apps);
Keep your account details and security details secure. This means taking steps like:
Not using CRYPTEX on any device or operating system that has been modified outside the mobile device or operating system vendor supported or warranted configurations. This includes devices that have been "jail-broken" or "rooted". A jail broken or rooted device means one that has been freed from the limitations imposed on it by your mobile service provider and the phone manufacturer without their approval. The use of CRYPTEX apps and the Mobile Security Key feature on a jail broken or rooted device may compromise security and lead to fraudulent transactions which we may not be responsible for.
If you think that your device/password has been lost, stolen or is being used by another person or if you think your username or password is known by someone else, please tell us straight away. You may be responsible for unauthorized payments made from your accounts if you have not kept your device, account details or security details safe or if you haven’t followed the security precautions that we advise you to follow from time to time.